We are pleased to announce that the Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Biology at the Collège de France in Paris is organizing a training school (TS) on microscopy entitled “Imaging microbial response to low pH”.
The Training School will address the theory and practical application of the basics of observing microorganism populations. The theoretical part will consist of a series of lectures by experts in the field.
The practical part will include:
– preparation of bacteria with the appropriate biosensors for pH stress
– infection of macrophages with the bacteria with biosensor
– immunostaining of the infected macrophage revealing acidification of the bacterial compartment
– imaging of the bacteria grown in the bacterial compartment
– expression of the biosensor in the whole population (fluorimetry)
– introduction to the basic functions of image J
– image analysis with a custom image J plugin for bacteria (microbe J)
Romain Briandet Micalis INRAE Paris-Saclay University; Manuel Campos LMGM Toulouse University; Adrien Ducret MMBS CNRS Lyon I University; Julien Dumont Collège de France, PSL Paris ; Local organisers: Sylvie Rimsky and Olivier Espéli
The TS is designed for beginners: PhD students or early-career Postdoc
Application procedure and deadline
If you are interested in applying for this Training School, please fill out this form.
Deadline for applications
28th February 2023