Virtual Networking Support (VNS) Grants
We invite participants of the Action to apply for the new role of Virtual Network Support Manager (VNSM), to help us develop, implement, and deliver a virtual networking strategy.
This is a significant new role within the Action and the successful applicant will become a member of the Action Core Group.
Grants are open to all Action participants with a primary affiliation to an institution located in a COST Full or Cooperating Member country and to MC Observers from a COST Near Neighbour Country.
Once appointed, the VNSM will be expected to:
- Prepare and distribute among the MC, members of the Action, and the COST Science Officer, a detailed strategy on virtual networking for the entire Action (following consultation with Action participants, subject to MC approval).
- Support the MC in the discussions and planning of virtual events and collaboration activities.
- Assist in the selection of hosts for the virtual networking events and collaboration activities.
- Assist the selected hosts in preparation and coordination of online events and collaboration activities (including the analysis of technical needs).
- Oversee the selection of the most appropriate virtual tools for each specific virtual activity (webinar, virtual conference, online library containing learning material for use by the Action members) considering the needs of the Action and the activities (need for sub-groups, forums, etc.), demonstrate the principle of best value for money, adhere to GDPR requirements.
- Support the call, evaluation process, and coordination of the Virtual Mobility Grants (upon decision of the MC).
Please ensure you read these before applying for this grant. Applications must be made via eCOST, and detailed instructions on how to do this can be found here.
Applications will be assessed in the first instance by the Action Chair in consultation with the Action Core Group. Later applications may be assessed by a virtual networking committee. The criteria to be used in assessing applications are as follows:
- How well does the proposal describe how the COST Action can benefit from developing virtual networking activities, with a focus on:
- Progress towards the MoU objectives and deliverables.
- COST Excellence and inclusiveness Policy, specially towards the support of researchers in COST Inclusiveness Target Countries.
- Stakeholder engagement and promoting the participation of researchers from NNC and IPC (COST Global Networking).
- How good is the proposal for the outlined strategy on virtual networking, and how well does it describe an approach for coordinating Virtual Mobility Grants?
The closing date for applications is July 16th 2021.
The position will be supported by a grant of €4000 towards costs incurred in fulfilling this role. The role will last until October 31st in the first instance, but if COST decides to extend the scheme to subsequent years the role will continue.
Payment of the grant will require submission of a report within 15 calendar days from the end of the Grant Period including:
- The Action’s strategy on virtual networking approved by the MC.
- The list and brief description of virtual events and collaboration activities organised during the Grant Period.
- The contribution to the COST Action MoU objectives and deliverables for each of the virtual events and collaboration activities
- The contribution to the COST Excellence and inclusiveness Policy, specially towards the support of researchers in COST Inclusiveness Target Countries.
- Stakeholder engagement and promoting participation of researchers from Near Neighbour Countries and International Partner Countries.
- Description of identified successful practices and lessons learned.